Jean M. Blanton PARTNER
Jean Blanton is a Partner with the Firm. She is primarily a trial attorney who practices in State and Federal trial and appellate courts in the areas of commercial disputes (contracts, breach of fiduciary duty, business torts), employment matters (discrimination, FMLA, harassment, ADA), family law, and bankruptcy and creditor rights.
Jean was recognized as a Rising Star among Indiana young attorneys in the 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 & 2014 publications of the Indiana Super Lawyers magazine. In 2010, Jean was recognized by the Evansville Business Journal as one of Evansville's 20 Under Age 40 Emerging Leaders. She has achieved an AV certification rating from the Martindale Hubbell legal directory, an elite peer rating recognizing her as performing at the highest level of professional excellence based on ethical standards and legal ability.
Born in Wilkes Barre, Pennsylvania, Jean earned her undergraduate degree, cum laude, from the University of Southern Indiana in 2001, where she received Special Recognition for Scholastic Achievement. Jean received her law degree, with Dean’s honors, from the University of Cincinnati in 2004. Jean was the recipient of the Ernest Karam Book Award for Advocacy from the University of Cincinnati College of Law. She was also the recipient of numerous scholarships throughout her undergraduate and law school matriculation, including the Rotary, Edith V. Boots, Conover, Tri Kappa, College of Law and Gorman Scholarships.
Jean is very involved in the local community and at the University of Southern Indiana. She previously served on the Evansville Bar Association Board of Directors and as the Chair of the Young Lawyers Section. She serves on the University of Southern Indiana Alumni Council, as President of the Evansville Area Alumnae Chapter of Gamma Phi Beta Sorority, as a Board Member of the University of Southern Indiana Foundation, as the Chair of the Board for Holly's House, Inc., as a board member for Legal Aid Society, and as a board member for the Vanderburgh Community Foundation. Jean has also served as an Adjunct Professor at the University of Southern Indiana.
Jean also contributes her time and talents as a member of the Evansville Chamber of Commerce’s Environmental Committee and Brooks Inn of Court. Jean is also a member of the American, Indiana State, Illinois State, and Evansville Bar Associations. She also consistently volunteers her legal services for the Volunteer Lawyer Program in Evansville.
- American Bar Association
- Indiana State Bar Association
- Illinois State Bar Association
- Evansville Bar Association
Board of Directors Member and Chair of Young Lawyers Section
- Brooks American Inns Court
- State of Indiana
- Northern District of Indiana
- Southern District of Indiana
- State of Illinois
- Central District of Illinois
- Southern District of Illinois
- Northern District of Illinois
- Seventh Circuit Court of Appeals
- 2009 Recipient of the Susan K. Helfrich Excellence in Pro Bono Service Award
- 2010 Recipient of the Evansville Business Journal's 20 Under Age 40 Emerging Leaders Award
- YMCA Partnership in Youth Campaign
- University of Southern Indiana Alumni Council Past President
- University of Southern Indiana Foundation Board Member
- University of Southern Indiana Former Adjunct Professor
- Evansville Area Gamma Phi Beta Alumnae Chapter President
- Evansville Chamber of Commerce Environmental Committee Member
- Leadership of Evansville
- Volunteer Lawyer Program
- Legal Aid Society - Board of Directors, President
- Vanderburgh Community Foundation - Board of Directors
- Holly's House - Past President, Chair of Board Development Committee